Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Good Morning!

On Tuesdays my middle schooler has choir before school so I have the privilege of getting up at 6:00 o'clock to take her. I know that some of you are already up and going by that time, but I'm a musician. Our internal clocks are wound a little slower. In fact, I'm an early riser for my breed. I've got musician buddies who wake up in time for lunch.

Anyhow, as we were driving, I saw something really cool. The sun was just coming up over the horizon. It was beautiful! The sky was a vast canvas of orange and yellow and purple. I thought, "Wow God, do you do this every morning?" What a truly stunning sight.

I do have a suggestion. This sunrise thing is so beautiful, more people could enjoy it if it came a little later in the day. Or how about a matinee for the early risers and an encore around 11:00 for the rest of us. That's one re-run I wouldn't mind watching.

No comments: