Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Brace Yourself

My oldest daughter got her braces put on the other day. Ouch. This is her second set. Double ouch. The first was several years ago to correct some cosmetic and structural problems. This time she is getting the full whammy with uppers and lowers, bite adjustment, alignment, oil change and the works.

The good news is, we get a discount on the second set. The bad news is, it's still $4200 after the discount. Triple ouch. I understand the value of causing your children pain, so we'll just have to shut up and pay up. (Our youngest is going to need braces in the future as well. Quadruple ouch. I hope they weren't planning on going to college.)

The funny part was, when she came out after the procedure, they told her she could chew certain types of gum and had given her half a package of Trident. I just paid more that I spent for my first car and they threw in two sticks of gum! Yipee! I think with the car I got all new floormats.

If there are any orthodontists reading this, I love you all and you do a great service to the youth of today. Just a suggestion. Spring for the whole package of gum. It makes us impoverished parents feel a little better.

No comments: