Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ancient

We were off last weekend for my mom's auction. It was a treat to stay home for a change! Actually, we didn't stay home much, we went out to see a couple of other ministries in the area.

On Saturday evening we headed south to the Cass County Fairgrounds to see "Sermon on the Mount," the mount this time being a horse instead of a hill. Lew Sterrett illustrates our rebellious nature and right relationship with God while breaking a horse. By the end of an hour he had a saddle on the horse (I don't know what type it was, I'm a city boy) and an assistant riding it. It was a very unique presentation of the gospel. If you get a chance, check it out! One suggestion, go to an indoor arena. I left part of my rear end frozen to that bleacher.

On Sunday evening we headed north to see the new group Austin's Bridge in concert. These young men (kids as the pastor called them) did an excellent job and we had a great time. They have kind of a Rascal Flatts sound with a mixture of soulful vocals and bluegrass/rock influence thrown in. Pretty cool.

The only downer of the evening was when they mentioned their ages. I started singing professionally the year the lead vocalist was born. Ouch! I'm old. Wait this can't be true. Yes, I did like the song they said was for the older folks in the crowd. And I thought the one they did for the teenagers was a bit noisy. Oh my gosh, it is true. I am old. When they sang "Ancient of Days," were they singing about God or was that directed at me?? This is too much, I need to go have my oatmeal and Geritol.

No comments: