Friday, September 14, 2007

Spel Chek

DISCLAIMER: I’m not mad, sad, happy, frustrated, judgmental or vindictive toward any event or person in the following account. I’m also not trying to build anyone up or put anyone down. This is just a perfect example of how life can be ironic...

My oldest daughter handed me her graded social studies test this evening. She got a “B”. The good news was there was only one question she actually missed on the entire test. The bad news was that correct spelling counted and she had some trouble with words like Australia, Antarctica and equator. I told her I was very proud that she had mastered the content, and this was a good lesson that spelling is important.

The one question she did answer incorrectly was this - "When it is winter in North America, what season is it in Australia?" She answered, “winter”. The teacher marked that out and wrote in “sumer”.

No comments: