Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Light My Fire - NOT!

First it was exploding gas stations, then smoking sewers, and now...

I received a recall notice in the mail for my van. Apparently the company has discovered a defect in the cruise control switch which they will fix it if I take my car to my nearest dealer. No problem, that sounds pretty minor. I read on in the letter and found that the repair will involve installing a fuse and will only take a few minutes. Then I come to this sentence, "Until you have the recall service performed, park your vehicle away from structures to prevent a potential underhood fire from spreading."

Wait a minute! This is the same van that has been parked in my garage for the last seven years. Have we been living with a "potential fire" right under our roof all this time? My family, hovering on the brink of a fiery death and totally unaware. That's somewhat disturbing.

Trust me, I'm not the paranoid type. I haven't rushed to the car dealer, quaking with fear. I'll stop in sometime this week when I'm out and about. It does make me think that there is probably more danger around than I'm aware of. That makes me glad God is watching over me. I'll sleep sound tonight, even though the van is parked in the garage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm Phil... that really did happen to my cousins last year. :( Their house burned down.

creative phil said...

Ouch! I have it fixed now and escaped unharmed. Sorry about their house, that is terrible!