Monday, September 22, 2008

Ouch!!

Saturday I installed a new screen/storm door on my mom's house. My youngest daughter was my assistant for this undertaking, and she was a huge help. She read all the instructions, (at least the ones in English), dug through bags of parts, and retrieved the multitude of screws I kept dropping. Dexterity on musical instruments does not necessarily translate to power tools, bummer.

We had a great time working together with only one slight mishap. Once Alisha bent down to pick up something at the same time I turned around and I whacked her in the head with my cordless screwdriver. Fortunately she is tough and it wasn't the pointy part, but she does have a nice bruise on her cheek. Oops!

I know it's not good to teach your kids to lie, but I told her if anybody asked about her bruise, it probably wasn't a good idea to say her dad hit her in the head with an electric drill.

No comments: