Saturday, September 20, 2008

... as High as an Elephant's Eye

I had three blogable moments today, but I'll post them one per day so you don't get blog fatigue.

Tonight I took my girls and one friend each to the huge corn maze in Liberty, MO. This is an annual tradition for us, but I think this was the best year ever. The maze was a tribute to the Kansas City Zoo and featured several animals. (For an aerial view of the maze, check out www.libertycornmaze.com) The abundance of rain this year must have been very good for the corn crop, because the corn was about ten feet tall - literally. Here is a photo of Kayla and her friend Rachael who are both about 5' 7". (Why is Rachael wearing a pink tutu? I find it better not to ask these things.)

In three hours we successfully navigated the 150 miles of maze, (it's probably closer to ten miles, but it seemed like a bunch more.) We found all 24 check points and only got hopelessly lost once! Fun times.

No comments: