Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Now That's Service

Last night I stopped by my favorite Chinese place for some take home takeout. I placed my order at the speaker box and pulled around to the pickup window where I was cheerfully greeted by one of the sisters (this restaurant appears to be run by a family and the daughters/sisters always work the counter.) As an after thought, I asked if they had any iced tea made and ordered a glass. She handed me out a big styrofoam cup and I popped of the top, grabbed some sweetener from my car stash and dumped in a couple packets. She rushed back to the window and said, "Oh no, I already sweetened! Two Sweet-n-Low, way you like?"

I was impressed! She remembered the way I drink my iced tea and fixed it for me. What service!! We don't come here that often and the last time had to be at least a couple of weeks ago. There have been a ton of people come and go since then. I felt so special!!

Of course, it could be I look so memorably weird that people say, "Oh, there's that iced tea guy again."

No comments: