Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Proud Dad Moment

Yesterday I had one of life's rare and precious father-daughter moments. Not birth, baptism, bride or baby; no, this was a really big one. Together, we bought her first wireless microphone.

As I think I already mentioned, my oldest has her first featured solo on our new CD. Yesterday, we were rehearsing for our big release celebration concert (coming up this Saturday, by the way, be there!!) and we decided to see how she would do singing the third part on some of our other songs. Well, slap me with a wet fish, she ROCKS!!! She does a great job finding her part and blending with us old people. She did so good, we decided it's time for her to join us in a big way.

Of course, that means only one thing - we need more musical equipment. Off we headed to the local music superstore and checked out the wireless microphone selection. In no time at all, we found the perfect one. I had a lump in my throat and mist in my eyes as I handed over my credit card to the clerk. It was a moment I'll cherish, forever.

All I can say is, just wait until Saturday... it's gonna be AWESOME!!

Click here for concert info.

No comments: