Monday, June 16, 2008

Letter and Verse

I mentioned last week about our new tour T-Shirt. We used to have a bunch of shirts, but I got tired of lugging around crates of shirts everywhere we went. Just one design this time, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Unlike in the past, I actually designed this shirt. We wanted something that captured the message and feel of our new tour and CD, so I came up with the idea of God's Street Team. If you aren't familiar with the term, a street team is a group of volunteers who spread the word about a musical artist who is coming to town. That is exactly what we should do for God, spread the word!

I wanted to add a scripture reference, and knew the perfect one - where the followers are told to go to Jerusalem, then Judea, and then the ends of the earth. In other words, start where you are and keep working outward in bigger circles to reach the wrld. When I looked up Acts 1:8 to get the exact wording, I was amazed at the first part of the verse that I had glossed over in my mind.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. - Acts 1:8

That first part is the other theme that is woven throughout the CD. We can do nothing without God working through us. I love it when a familiar verse takes on a whole new life. God is awesome.

No comments: