Sunday, June 8, 2008

Jesus & Dan

I'm back in town from a weekend on the road. Glad to be sleeping in my own bed!!!

Friday and Saturday we sang at a gospel music festival in Henderson, Nebraska. It was good to see so many friends in other groups and catch up on their lives. We previewed a couple of songs from the new project and they went over very well. My only thought was, "What was I thinking when I picked these keys?" Lawd ahmighty, I'm gonna have to get some tighter pants to sing that high. Some time off the road and I've let myself go, (I don't think age could have anything to do with it, yeah right.) Anyhow, I am vowing to rehearse every day until the release concert. I'll be like Rocky in vocal training, but that stirs up an image of Sylvester Stallone singing - now I'm scaring myself.

Speaking of scaring myself, it's storming and our electricity just went off. Plenty of battery in the laptop, but my internet connection is gone. I guess I'll send this in the morning.

Back to the weekend. We finished up this morning at a church in Clarinda, IA- the home of Glenn Miller, BBD (Big Band Dude). Great services, thanks Darcy for taking care of us while Andy was at General Conference. And yes, we beat the storm home, but it followed us all the way.

After the concert I was changing my clothes in the parlor and noticed a really cool picture of Jesus on the wall. The only thing was, He looked a lot like Dan Fogelberg. Interesting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to the image of "Rocky" singing....

Two Words

Frank Stallone


See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neNtMX-v2eY

Look for Sly to shoulder bump John Travolta at 23sec in.

Hillarious stuff my friend!

Freaky Dan/Jesus comparison,

"Im just a living legacy
To the Leader of the Band"

Peace be with you (you'll need it after you watch the Stallone video)

Nick