Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Satan's Sidebar

Last night I was working on the devotion for our monthly newsletter. I needed to look up the lyrics to Sandi Patti's song "In The Name of the Lord." I typed it into Google and clicked on the first hit on the list.

Sure enough, in seconds I was reading through the lyrics. Then I glanced over to the sidebar of the webpage. There were little pictures of women in bikinis with links that I can only assume pointed to less than wholesome websites. I couldn't believe it. The contrast was so extreme, it seemed almost surreal. Kind of like having an usher at church ask, "Smoking or non?"

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Everywhere we find God, Satan's not far off, doing his best to draw us away. We've got to keep to the narrow path, for wide is the browser and many are the links that lead to destruction. Amen brother, preach it!!!

No comments: