Thursday, February 21, 2008

3, 2, 1 . . .

Yesterday the countdown timer on my laptop hit Zero. Yes, it is official. I am now 40. What do exciting people do on this momentous day? I don't know, but here's what I did.

First I slept in!!! I could get used to this.

Next my mom took Pam and I out to lunch. (Actually there was showering, dressing, goofing around, etc. in there, but do you really need that much detail?) We ran a few errands and went back to her house to help her decide between two curtain patterns.

After this we hit the town for a bit of birthday shopping. My choice, the Dollar Store!!! (I call it frugal, Pam calls it cheap, but it's me.) I love to read and I LOVE reading hard cover books, but there is no way I'm paying $20 for one. The dollar store had received a new shipment and I went nuts. Nineteen books for nineteen bucks!!! I'm stocked for the rest of the year.

After the kids came home from school, I opened my presents!! Pam and the girls bought me six new DVDs (my other weakness - actually I purchased these several weeks ago from the bargain bin), a comfy new shirt and a non-stick skillet. (Now is that glamourous or what?) Everything was just what I wanted and I love it!!

At 7:15 we headed out for dinner. Pam had reservations and wouldn't tell me where. We arrived at a very nice Italian restaurant and were ushered to a back room where some of our best couple friends were waiting. I was totally surprised, and that is hard to do! (Kudos Pam, ya did good!) We had a wonderful dinner and even better time visiting and catching up.

I've been joking about this birthday for quite a while, but honestly, getting older doesn't bother me. Sure I'll miss my dark hair and sleeping all night without bathroom breaks, but I'm loving my life. I know that I'm loved and I'm blessed. Who could ask for any more than that?

No comments: