Friday, February 22, 2008

Define "Urgent"

For the last several weeks I've been fighting a slight cough left over from a minor cold last month. It doesn't really bother me except when I sing. When I draw those big breaths to belt out a high note, I feel like I'm going to cough up a lung. We are gearing up for recording so I thought I better run to the doctor's office to get some meds to clear this out for good.

My doctor's clinic has walk in Urgent Care from 7am to 4pm for people like me with busy schedules and minor problems. I bopped in at about 3:30 and the receptionist informed me that since the weather was bad today the Urgent Care closed at 3:00. She said I could come back tomorrow.

I looked up "urgent" in the dictionary and found "requiring immediate action or attention"

Maybe the new definition should add "or can wait until tomorrow."

No comments: