Thursday, November 22, 2007

Invisible Man Shoes

Last night we celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family at my aunt's house. After a wonderful dinner (broccoli-rice casserole, YES!!!) we retired to the living room to catch up on each other's lives. I found a seat, kicked off my shoes and settled in.

A few hours later we were ready to go home. I looked down but... no shoes. I knew mischief was afoot and asked who was playing a trick on me. Nobody fessed up, so I started the search. A few minutes later I found the missing shoes. They were perfectly positioned if front of the toilet, sort of like the invisible man was taking a rest stop. This had to be the work of my youngest daughter. I questioned her, prodded and interrogated, but she kept a straight face and never once admitted to the deed.

It was a really good prank for a nine year old. I'm amazed with her on two fronts. First, how did she get my shoes out of the room with out anybody seeing her? And second, how did she get so good at lying? I'm just afraid someday when she takes those career placement tests in school, it will come back that she is best suited to be a thief or a politician.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments: