Friday, March 14, 2008

Deja View

This week I took my oldest daughter to buy a new watch. She took her old one off in a restroom to wash her hands and when she checked back a few minutes later, it was gone. (We don't spend a lot on jewelry, so it was really no big deal.) We headed to that great fashion accessory store, Walmart, to pick out a new one. She was overjoyed, for there in the $7 rack was the exact same watch. Pick, pay and we were on our way!

The funny part is, this was not the first time I had purchased the same watch twice. Years ago she had a butterfly watch that broke, and Walmart had another of that model as well. I teased her about being stuck in a rut. Today, I can't tease her anymore.

My favorite pair of sunglasses broke while I was in Nashville last month. Imagine my joy, when I found another pair exactly like them in our local dollar store!! I'm so happy, I'm wearing them right now. Of course, that makes it a little hard to see the computer screen, but this is the best thing that happened to me all day! Wait a minute, I'm excited over a $1 pair of sunglasses. Does that make me pathetic?

No comments: