Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Power of Socks

My attire today was completely determined by my socks. Let me explain.

This morning I headed into my closet on autopilot. The next thing I knew, I was wearing a pair of black socks instead of the the white ones I had intended on. I said to myself, “Oh no, now I can’t where my white tennis shoes.’”

“No problem, I’ll wear my brown loafers.” I casually replied.

“What pants go with these shoes?”

“How about the gray jeans?”

“Excellent choice. What shirt goes with the jeans?

“There’s a nice burgundy pullover.”

“I think you’re right, good show!”

This exchange brings up two very valid points. One, I talk to myself way too much. And two, if my life is this complicated with just black and white socks, I should never buy any additional colors.

No comments: