Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Future Politician

My youngest daughter had a friend over to the house to play a few days ago. I was working in the basement that day, but on a break I headed into my office to check e-mails. Much to my surprise, they had converted the area under my desk into a stuffed animal jungle. It looked like an explosion at the Build-A-Bear factory. I turned to leave and noticed my small notepad holder holding not notepads but about a half dozen screws with a screwdriver next to it. I called my daughter in, pointed and asked "What's this?"

"Oh, we found those." she replied.

I know her too well and a bit more prodding produced the rest of the facts. The part she told me was true. The part she didn't mention was where she found them - in the brackets holding the desk together. Fortunately, the desk didn't fall down on top of them during their time of discovery and dismantling.

I have to admit, she is very creative, even with telling the truth. Pray for me!

No comments: