Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Miracles in Marinara

DISCLAIMER: The following message is not intended for individuals with no sense of humor.

Will signs and wonders never cease?

The other night Pam was rummaging through the fridge and knocked out a small tub of pizza sauce. I started to clean up the mess, when what to my wandering eyes should appear, there was a face on the floor! Yes, a true holy apparition right before my eyes. There were two small eyes, a large blob that is either an open mouth with no nose or a really big nose with no mouth, a beard, and a tuft of hair on the left side, obviously the beginning of a comb-over.

We first thought it to be Mary, but the beard gave us pause. Of course, the next logical person would be Jesus himself, but this doesn't really look like any picture of the savior I've seen. Then it hit me. This was pizza sauce, which I think is really American but more like Italian, and Rome is in Italy, and the Catholic Church is headquartered in Rome, and Peter was the founder of the church, so TADA!! The face on our floor must be Simon Peter.

We left the area untouched and cordoned it off for protection. We are now working on traffic flow charts for when the buses of the faithful start arriving. I'm checking prices on pouring concrete RV pads in the backyard and I think we can run extension cords back there from the living room. We'll get a row of porta-potties over by the back fence. (Just a side note, but I once had an idea for my own porta-potty business. I was going to call it crap-in-the-box, but it never really took off. Strange...)

All this time we have been traveling around the country to minister, and now we have a ministry right in our own kitchen. I wonder if we can get on Oprah again???

No comments: