Friday, April 11, 2008

Wrapping up

We are coming to the end of a very long and very fun week in the studio. As I type, Kevin is in the vocal booth adding about the fiftieth part of background vocals to a song. Very talented young man! Actually, I discovered he is about eight months older than me, even though he still looks twelve.

The whole recording process very humbling. Anyone who can listen to themselves sing multiple versions of imperfect lines, and have an ego must be deaf. Yesterday morning my Bible reading included the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand. I could see myself in the bread and fish. What talents I have to offer seem pretty meager (and I think one of those fish is starting to smell a bit). So now I have to trust the hands of engineers, mixers and masterers to make it the best humanly possible. Ultimately, that will still fall short unless Jesus blesses it and uses it to feed the multitude.

Everyday I'm reminded that it's not about me. It's all about Him. AMEN!

No comments: