Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happie Birdie Baby

Today someone very special in our house turned 10! To honor this special occasion, I thought I'd follow the birthday girl's lead. Whenever it is one of our birthdays or mother's/father's day, she celebrates by wearing the honored person's favorite color. No one ever suggested she do this, it was her idea and a very cool one I think!

So today I wore a shirt and aftershave that I know are her favorites. While she was at school, I printed out a big "Happy Birthday" (one letter per page) on colored paper and taped them on the driveway. When she got off the bus, she looked down and grinned from ear to ear. Then she ran in the house, gave me a big hug and and took a deep breath with her nose buried in my shirt.

This, my friends, is the good stuff.

No comments: